NOW HIRING – November 13th, 2017
SilverSneakers Group Exercise Instructor
Job Description: Lead Senior and Active aging adult group exercise participants in SilverSneakers classes to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance while ensuring member safety.
- Current CPR/AED certification required
- Nationally accredited Group Exercise certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, etc.)
- Completion of at least one workshop through Tivity Health in SilverSneakers Classic, Circuit or CardioFit and current SilverSneakers certification
- Must be willing to teach/substitute at our 3 locations and be available for morning classes
- Able to pass a drug test
- The SilverSneakers instructor will lead a group of participants through a series of movements and exercises as prescribed by Tivity Health’s SilverSneakers program and provide appropriate guidance for exercise modifications to suit participant needs.
- The instructor will arrive at least 10 minutes before class and maintain a positive and professional exercise experience for participants.
- The instructor will maintain current in certifications through appropriate CECs
NOW HIRING – October 27, 2017
Early Learning Preschool Teacher. Make a difference in a child’s life! We are seeking a Preschool Teach to join our organization. This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
- Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth.
- Create a fun and safe learning environment.
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest and playtime.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents.
- Communicate with parents on students’ growth and progress.
- Maintain the health and safety of all students.
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields.
- Passionate about working with children.
- Ability to build rapport with children.
- Positive and patient demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings and staff training.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law.
Looking for certified dance instructors and nationally recognized certified group exercise instructors able to teach various formats. Must be willing to teach/sub at both of our locations, available for early morning classes and be able to pass a drug test.
Please contact Jennifer Wilson at email@example.com, Association Group Exercise Director with any questions.
After School Leader (Albuquerque)
employment type: part-time
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Job Summary: Are you passionate about working with young people? Do you desire a career that impacts communities for good? Would you like to empower the next generation? Enjoy the benefits that come from working with the nation’s largest provider of youth development and enrichment
When you work with the YMCA, you’ll find yourself in a career with a bright future and the chance to make a lasting difference. The YMCA of Central New Mexico is looking for Leaders in our After School programs who want to share their talents and skills with young people, develop meaningful relationships with program participants and families, and are deeply committed to providing positive outcomes for all youth.
• Prefer prior experience working with youth and/or teens.
• Certified in CPR and First Aid, or be certified within 30 days of hire.
• Complete YMCA child abuse prevention within 30 days of hire.
• Minimum age of 18.
Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico provides endless opportunities in a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute.
Employees will experience:
- Fun at work in a cool environment!
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.
Available positions are updated regularly; check back often. Click here to submit your interest in a position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.