NOW HIRING :
Summer Program Counselor
The YMCA is looking for summer program activity leaders. This position provides direct supervision for teens and youth, providing a quality experience to teens, youth, and families focused on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Responsibilities include planning and implementing program activities that are culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate. Activity leader ensure that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures are followed, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies. Activity leaders will assist in the planning and preparation of a creative and engaging learning environment.
High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law and YMCA policies.)
CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
Position: Seasonal Bus Driver
Description: YMCA of Central New Mexico has an immediate need for Bus Drivers who are responsible for the safe and timely transport of participants in the Summer Day Camp Programs.
- The transport of children to and from the YMCA and off-site locations in a safe manner
- Maintain daily travel log
- Ensure safety of all students
- Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
- Assists students on to or out of the vehicle; enforces safety and conduct regulations
- Maintains records and prepares required reports; makes reports to school officials concerning discipline problems, incidents or injuries
· High School Diploma or GED
· Current CDL Passenger driver’s license
· 21 years of age or older
· 4 hours in-service training every year
· Must pass drug screen and background check
Lifeguard at the McLeod Family YMCA (12500 Comanche Blvd, NE)
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes participant safety.
• Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area
• Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations. Completes related reports as required
• Able to multitask
• Good judgment and decision making skills
• Maintains positive relationships with members, participants and other staff
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate pool records.
• Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available
• Ability to maintains certifications as required by the YMCA and the state Health Department
• Good communication skills with our Director
• Performs Chemical testing and work closely with the head guards and Director
• Ability to provide competent, safe swimming instruction
• Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement
• Minimum age requirement of 16
• Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Oxygen Administration
• Current YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
Early Childhood Teacher
Make a difference in a child’s life.
- We are looking for someone who can provide a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Maintains communication with parents, and engages parents as volunteers.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law.
SilverSneakers Group Exercise Instructor
Job Description: Lead Senior and Active aging adult group exercise participants in SilverSneakers classes to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance while ensuring member safety.
- Current CPR/AED certification required
- Nationally accredited Group Exercise certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, etc.)
- Completion of at least one workshop through Tivity Health in SilverSneakers Classic, Circuit or CardioFit and current SilverSneakers certification
- Must be willing to teach/substitute at our 3 locations and be available for morning classes
- Able to pass a drug test
- The SilverSneakers instructor will lead a group of participants through a series of movements and exercises as prescribed by Tivity Health’s SilverSneakers program and provide appropriate guidance for exercise modifications to suit participant needs.
- The instructor will arrive at least 10 minutes before class and maintain a positive and professional exercise experience for participants.
- The instructor will maintain current in certifications through appropriate CECs
Group Exercise Instructor:
Looking for certified dance instructors and nationally recognized certified group exercise instructors able to teach various formats. Must be willing to teach/sub at both of our locations, available for early morning classes and be able to pass a drug test.
Please contact Jennifer Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Association Group Exercise Director with any questions.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico provides endless opportunities in a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute.
Employees will experience:
- Fun at work in a cool environment!
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.
Available positions are updated regularly; check back often. Click here to submit your interest in a position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.