NOW HIRING :
Provides a quality experience to children while parents are working out in the Fitness Center that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
-Supervises the children, and all activities.
-Maintains program site and equipment.
-Maintains required program records.
-At least 18 years of age.
-Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
Early Childhood Teacher
Make a difference in a child’s life. We are looking for someone who can provide a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Implements curriculum within the established guidelines. Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child. Maintains communication with parents, and engages parents as volunteers. Maintains program site and equipment. Maintains required program records. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training. Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law.
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes participant safety.
• Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area
• Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations. Completes related reports as required
• Able to multitask
• Good judgment and decision making skills
• Maintains positive relationships with members, participants and other staff
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate pool records.
• Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available
• Ability to maintains certifications as required by the YMCA and the state Health Department
• Good communication skills with our Director
• Performs Chemical testing and work closely with the head guards and Director
• Ability to provide competent, safe swimming instruction
• Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement
• Minimum age requirement of 16
• Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Oxygen Administration
• Current YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
Position: Seasonal Bus Driver
Description: YMCA of Central New Mexico has an immediate need for Bus Drivers who are responsible for the safe and timely transport of participants in the Summer Day Camp Programs.
- The transport of children to and from the YMCA and off-site locations in a safe manner
- Maintain daily travel log
- Ensure safety of all students
- Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
- Assists students on to or out of the vehicle; enforces safety and conduct regulations
- Maintains records and prepares required reports; makes reports to school officials concerning discipline problems, incidents or injuries
· High School Diploma or GED
· Current CDL Passenger driver’s license
· 21 years of age or older
· 4 hours in-service training every year
· Must pass drug screen and background check
. Passenger Endorsement needed
Group Exercise Instructor
The YMCA of Central New Mexico is currently hiring!!
We’re looking for Wellness Coaches to add to our Health and Wellness Team. Some of the requirements of this position include but are not limited to:
-Orient member with fitness equipment and monitors for safety
-Assist members and guests in the Fitness Center
-Perform opening and closing duties
-Respond to emergency situations as dictated by facility policy
-Maintain day to day cleanliness of fitness floor & equipment.
Qualifications: Able to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekends and holidays. Possess familiarity and understanding of fitness equipment. Must be member service oriented and possess a professional manner. Degree in Exercise Physiology or Related Field and/or Fitness Certification, CPR Certification.
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (Santa Fe)
Provides direction for the program and staff, and implements program curriculum in the classroom. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Youth Sports Referee & Site Lead:
The YMCA of Central New Mexico is hiring! We have a need for Youth Sports Referees and Site Leads. These positions serves as a positive liaison between coaches, children, parents and the Y:
Knowledgeable of rules and regulations for a variety of sports
Must be Responsible
Must be Organized
Must be available on most week nights and Saturdays
The YMCA of Central New Mexico provides endless opportunities in a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute.
Employees will experience:
- Fun at work in a cool environment!
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.