The YMCA of Central New Mexico provides endless opportunities in a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute.
Employees will experience:
- Fun at work in a cool environment!
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes participant safety.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations. Completes related reports as required
- Able to multitask
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Maintains positive relationships with members, participants and other staff
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate pool records.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available
- Ability to maintains certifications as required by the YMCA and the state Health Department
- Good communication skills with our Director
- Performs Chemical testing and work closely with the head guards and Director
- Ability to provide competent, safe swimming instruction
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement
• Minimum age requirement of 16
• Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Oxygen Administration
• Current YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
Looking for certified dance instructors and nationally recognized certified group exercise instructors able to teach various formats. Must be willing to teach/sub at both of our locations, available for early morning classes and be able to pass a drug test.
Please contact Rosina Brantley, firstname.lastname@example.org, Association Group Exercise Director with any questions.
After School Leader (Albuquerque)
employment type: part-time
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Job Summary: Are you passionate about working with young people? Do you desire a career that impacts communities for good? Would you like to empower the next generation? Enjoy the benefits that come from working with the nation’s largest provider of youth development and enrichment
When you work with the YMCA, you’ll find yourself in a career with a bright future and the chance to make a lasting difference. The YMCA of Central New Mexico is looking for Leaders in our After School programs who want to share their talents and skills with young people, develop meaningful relationships with program participants and families, and are deeply committed to providing positive outcomes for all youth.
• Prefer prior experience working with youth and/or teens.
• Certified in CPR and First Aid, or be certified within 30 days of hire.
• Complete YMCA child abuse prevention within 30 days of hire.
• Minimum age of 18.
Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Available positions are updated regularly; check back often. Click here to submit your interest in a position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.