NOW HIRING :
The YMCA of Central New Mexico is currently hiring!! We’re looking for Wellness Coaches to add to our Health and Wellness Team. Some of the requirements of this position include but are not limited to:
-Orient member with fitness equipment and monitors for safety
-Assist members and guests in the Fitness Center
-Perform opening and closing duties
-Respond to emergency situations as dictated by facility policy
-Maintain day to day cleanliness of fitness floor & equipment.
Qualifications: Able to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekends and holidays. Possess familiarity and understanding of fitness equipment. Must be member service oriented and possess a professional manner. Degree in Exercise Physiology or Related Field and/or Fitness Certification, CPR Certification.
Out of School Time Program Counselor
Join the nation’s leading employer of young adults and bring after school enrichment and fun to the Teens and School age students of Albuquerque. The YMCA Enrichment Program is looking for a Program Counselor. The position provides direct supervision of a group of teens and youth. Also provides a quality experience to teens, youth and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Some of the tasks will be to plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate. You will ensure YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures are followed, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies. You will assist in the planning and preparation of a creative learning environment. Establishing centers of interest, and preparing needed materials and supplies. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA!
Early Childhood Teacher
Make a difference in a child’s life. We are looking for someone who can provide a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Implements curriculum within the established guidelines. Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child. Maintains communication with parents, and engages parents as volunteers. Maintains program site and equipment. Maintains required program records. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training. Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law.
Position: Seasonal Bus Driver
Description: YMCA of Central New Mexico has an immediate need for Bus Drivers who are responsible for the safe and timely transport of participants in the Summer Day Camp Programs.
- The transport of children to and from the YMCA and off-site locations in a safe manner
- Maintain daily travel log
- Ensure safety of all students
- Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
- Assists students on to or out of the vehicle; enforces safety and conduct regulations
- Maintains records and prepares required reports; makes reports to school officials concerning discipline problems, incidents or injuries
· High School Diploma or GED
· Current CDL Passenger driver’s license
· 21 years of age or older
· 4 hours in-service training every year
· Must pass drug screen and background check
. Passenger Endorsement needed
After School Program Counselor (Santa Fe)
The position provides direct supervision of a group of school age children and also provides a quality experience to youth and parents focused on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. You will ensure YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures are followed, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA!
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (Santa Fe)
Provides direction for the program and staff, and implements program curriculum in the classroom. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Director of Early Childhood (Santa Fe)
Develops, organizes and implements a high quality YMCA child care program.
Represent and articulate the association’s Early Childhood vision, mission and program to individuals, businesses and communities.
Child Watch (12500 Comanche NE)
Provides a quality experience to children while parents are working out in the Fitness Center that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
-Supervises the children, and all activities.
-Maintains program site and equipment.
-Maintains required program records.
-At least 18 years of age.
-CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
-Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
-Previous experience with diverse populations.
1. Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
2. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting (40 lbs.) and going up and down stairs.
SilverSneakers Group Exercise Instructor
Job Description: Lead Senior and Active aging adult group exercise participants in SilverSneakers classes to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance while ensuring member safety.
- Current CPR/AED certification required
- Nationally accredited Group Exercise certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, etc.)
- Completion of at least one workshop through Tivity Health in SilverSneakers Classic, Circuit or CardioFit and current SilverSneakers certification
- Must be willing to teach/substitute at our 3 locations and be available for morning classes
- Able to pass a drug test
- The SilverSneakers instructor will lead a group of participants through a series of movements and exercises as prescribed by Tivity Health’s SilverSneakers program and provide appropriate guidance for exercise modifications to suit participant needs.
- The instructor will arrive at least 10 minutes before class and maintain a positive and professional exercise experience for participants.
- The instructor will maintain current in certifications through appropriate CECs
Group Exercise Instructor:
Looking for certified dance instructors and nationally recognized certified group exercise instructors able to teach various formats. Must be willing to teach/sub at both of our locations, available for early morning classes and be able to pass a drug test.
Please contact Jennifer Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Association Group Exercise Director with any questions.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico provides endless opportunities in a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute.
Employees will experience:
- Fun at work in a cool environment!
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.
Available positions are updated regularly; check back often. Click here to submit your interest in a position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.