Mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Vision: To become the family center for the community we serve by supporting families in areas related to health and youth development.
We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. Strengthening our Central New Mexico community is our cause.
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility.
For Youth Development
We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. That’s why, through the Y, millions of youth today are cultivating the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health and educational achievement.
These values and skills are vital building blocks for life, helping children and teens take a greater interest in learning and make smarter life choices. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
At the Y, children and teens learn values and positive behaviors and can explore their unique talents and interests, helping them realize their potential.
- Child Care: Safe, nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and develop social skills.
- Education & Leadership: Knowledge, character development, guidance and encouragement to help youth develop and realize their potential.
- Swim, Sports & Play: Positive, fun activities that build athletic, social and interpersonal skills.
- Camp: Exciting, safe community for young people to explore the outdoors, build self-esteem, develop interpersonal skills and make lasting friendships and memories
For Healthy Living
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. In communities across the nation, the Y is a leading voice on health and well-being. With a mission centered on balance, the Y brings families closer together, encourages good health and fosters connections through fitness, sports, fun and shared interests.
As a result, millions of youth, adults and families are receiving the support, guidance and resources needed to achieve greater health and well-being for their spirit, mind and body.
Improving Health & Well-Being
The YMCA of Central New Mexico is a place where you can learn a new skill or hobby, foster connections with friends through our lifelong learning programs or bring your loved ones closer together through our many family-centered activities:
- Family Time: Bringing families together to have fun and grow together.
- Health, Well-Being & Fitness: Resources and guidance to maintain or improve physical activity, health and wellness.
- Sports & Recreation: Healthy lifestyle activities that bring together people with shared athletic and recreational interests.
- Group Interests: Social networks and activities that bring together people that share common passions and personal interests.
At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside, as well as the outside.
For Social Responsibility
The Y has been listening and responding to our communities’ most critical social needs for 160 years. Whether developing skills or emotional well-being through education and training, welcoming and connecting diverse demographic populations through global services, or preventing chronic disease and building healthier communities through collaborations with policymakers, the Y fosters the care and respect all people need and deserve.
Through the Y, 500,000 volunteers and thousands of donors, leaders and partners across the country are empowering millions of people in the US and around the world to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Making Our Communities Better
The Y gives back and provides support to our neighbors through:
- Social services: Training, resources and support to empower our neighbors to make change, bridge gaps and overcome obstacles
- Global services: Support systems that welcome, celebrate, educate and connect diverse demographic populations in the US and around the world
- Volunteerism and giving: Voluntary contributions that fund, lead and support the Y’s critical work
- Advocacy: Collaborations with policy makers, community leaders and private and public organizations to develop youth, prevent chronic disease, build healthier communities and encourage social responsibility