Youth Conditioning and Athletic Training Coach
Youth Conditioning and Athletic Training Coach is responsible for supervising activities and assisting in planning, coordinating and participating in the youth fitness and Multisport training program. He/she will focus on the athletic development and sports specific training for athletes with varying sports backgrounds and abilities, with day-to-day interaction with parents, coaches and athletes. These activities are planned for youth between the ages of 8-18 years of age.
- Creates a safe environment in which all individuals feel welcomed and respected; build relationships with and among members and program participants.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, that align with the healthy living program goals and objectives.
- Understands different health needs; observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
- Asks and answers questions and displays empathy in support of helping member and program participants build confidence to achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Responsible for ensuring that children are supervised at all times.
- Responsible for set-up and take-down of all equipment.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- National certification in group fitness instruction (e.g., ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) or youth conditioning or YMCA group exercise instructor certification required.
- 2 years professional experience with administering sport/fitness programs with young athlete.
- Certification in area of expertise required.
- Former experience in high school or college athletics.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required.
- Child Abuse Prevention training required within 30 days of hire.
- At least one year of experience teaching group exercise classes preferred.
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To apply for this position email Marc Lewis at email@example.com
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.