YMCA Phase 1 Reopening Guidelines
We are excited to begin reopening our Albuquerque Centers! We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. On June 1st, we started reopening our Centers in phases, and will gradually get back to our new normal. All of our facilities in Albuquerque will adhere to these guidelines.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
- Reserve your workout time (Reserve Here) – due to capacity limits, we will require a reservation prior to your workout. Reservations expire 15 minutes after your expected arrival time and you slot can be given to someone else.
- Please arrive at the Y in your workout attire.
- Bring a towel, mat (if needed), and water bottle.
- Bring your mask & gloves – The state mandate requires individuals to wear face-coverings while exercising at indoor gyms and fitness centers.
CHECK IN PROCESS
- Members should maintain minimum of 6 feet distance.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility. Temperatures must be below 100.4 to enter the facility.
- Members will be asked to take a health questionnaire.
- Staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks).
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance.
- Members will scan in without assistance.
- Members will receive their own disinfectant spray bottle and must return it to front desk upon exiting the facility.
- Reservations will be needed for use of workout facilities through YMCA Phase I.
- All group exercise classes will be postponed during YMCA Phase 1.
- The state mandate requires individuals to wear face-coverings while exercising at indoor gyms and fitness centers.
- The Horn YMCA locker rooms & showers will be closed.
- The McLeod Locker room restroom will remain open, but the lockers and showers will be closed.
- Gymnasium will be closed (Horn location)
- Coffee will not be available.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members during YMCA Phase I.
- Check your branch for changes in operating hours.
- Facility usage is limited to 9 year olds and up. Minors (13 -17) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Pool is open for lap swim and private lessons only.
- Kid Zone is open on a limited basis and reservations are required.
- Time will be limited to 30 minutes on all cardio equipment while others are waiting.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be used.
- Members should disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members should wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home.