Member Services Representative
The Member Service Representative, working as part of the Member Services Team, will deliver professional customer service, relationship building and sales skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. The staff will additionally provide in-depth information in regards to the YMCA of Central New Mexico, such as memberships, programs, activities, special events, etc. The staff will assist with the attraction and retention of members; including the collection and processing of monetary transactions and information for members, participants and guests. The staff with also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA. This is a part-time position with morning, evening and weekend hours possible.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Perform and provide excellent customer service skills by exceeding member expectations! Consistently greet every person who enters the YMCA (by name, if known) and recognize all members and guests when they leave.
- Engage in active listening with members and program participants in order to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests, and take the initiative to ensure the member has a positive experience.
- Answer phones, direct calls, and provide accurate information about memberships and programs.
- Help prospects and members experience the YMCA by introducing them to other staff and members. By creating these interactions, we will demonstrate that the YMCA is a place where we take the time to connect, communicate and engage in respectful and friendly relationships.
- Be familiar with the mission statement and core values of the YMCA. Model the core values while working and communicating with other staff.
- Always have a friendly, helpful attitude and wear a smile.
- When giving tours and interviewing prospective members, listen to their needs and discuss with them how the YMCA can help.
- Actively listen, reflect and respond to member or guest questions and concerns in a caring manner.
- Be knowledgeable about all YMCA programs and sell them effectively. This includes being familiar with all current brochure information, upcoming events and other special activities. If information is not available, be responsible for obtaining the correct information, updating front desk resources and providing information to members and guests.
- Interviews and/or tours prospective members; sells memberships.
- Control access to the facility. Check-in members entering the facility by scanning membership cards and obtaining proper identification of guests.
- Register for memberships and/or programs, by inputting data in the computer system, collecting the proper payment and verifying the accuracy of information on the YMCA forms.
- Use professional telephone etiquette.
- Assist in training/on-boarding Member Service Team members.
- Enter all transactions accurately and completely into the computer system. Balance all end of shifts and report any discrepancies to supervisor.
- Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe YMCA. Take initiative to clean up/repair areas.
- Be dressed in appropriate attire and wear nametag at all times.
- Attend and remain current on all mandatory trainings and staff meetings.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual support campaign.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to actively listen.
- The staff needs to be able to handle multiple tasks under limited supervision, work well in a team setting and detailed oriented.
- Experience with and knowledge of computers.
- Possess a positive and professional attitude.
- Have cash handling skills and the ability to reconcile shift transactions.
- A willingness to commit to the mission of the YMCA.
To apply for this position email Ebony Sonnenberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.