Y KIDS ZONE
Enjoy a worry free work out! YMCA Kids Zone (formally ChildWatch) will be re-opening on a limited basis. You can now enjoy your YMCA workout knowing that your child is safe and having fun with YMCA staff. Children 6 weeks – 10 years of age are welcome to attend.
New to Kids Zone will be scheduled activities such as art, science, games and physical activities for youth 5 – 10 years old starting at the 5:30 PM and 7:30 PM blocks. A monthly schedule of activities will be published and posted on our website and at our centers.
KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE
The YMCA Kids Zone will be adhering to all COVID-19 safe practices and sanitizing all equipment and frequently touched surfaces before and after each use. All YMCA staff are required to wear mask and children over 3 years of age will be required to wear masks while in the Kids Zone area. Additionally, all participant’s will be asked to complete a health screening questionnaire and have temperature checked at drop off. Staff to child ratio will be 1 to 5 with a capacity of 10 children.
Reservations will now be taken up to one day in advance or no later then 4 PM on the day of attendance. The YMCA reserves the right to close the Kids Zone for the evening if less then 3 children are registered. You can reserve your child’s spot at ymcacnm.org/reservations or call the front desk at 505-595-1515.
Early Closure is possible if no children are in Child Watch Room and may change due to Holiday Schedule.
Monday – Thursday 5:30 PM & 7:30 PM
Monday – Thursday: 5:30 PM & 7:30 PM
- Children must be signed in and out by the same person
- Parents must remain on the premises at all times
- While signed into Kids Zone, children must remain in the areas at all times
- Parents must bring their infants and toddlers with full tummies, fresh diapers, and clean hands and faces
- Diaper bags and strollers are not permitted in the Kids Zone
- No toys from home are allowed. Food is allowed but be mindful of common allergies
- Bathing suits and diapers must be covered
- Children must wear shoes (crawlers may wear socks)
- Children attending the Kids Zone program must be full Y members
- Limit 1.5 hours
CHILD WATCH IS A FREE SERVICE FOR OUR MEMBERS UTILIZING THE Y FACILITIES.