YOUTH VOLLEYBALL INSTRUCTOR
Youth Volleyball Instructor is responsible for supervising activities and assisting in planning, coordinating and participating in the youth volleyball program. He/she will focus on the athletic development and sports specific training of athletes with varying backgrounds and abilities, with day-to-day interaction with parents, athletes and staff. These activities are planned for youth between the ages of 8-14 years of age.
- Creates a safe environment in which all individuals feel welcomed and respected; build relationships with and among members and program participants.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes, as directed by the supervisor, that align with our youth sports program goals and objectives.
- Observe and adjust your approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
- Asks and answers questions and displays empathy in support of helping member and program participants build confidence to achieve goals.
- Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants.
- Maintains working knowledge of sports trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Responsible for ensuring that children are supervised at all times.
- Responsible for set-up and take-down of all equipment.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Former experience in high school or college athletics.
- Child Abuse Prevention training required within 30 days of hire.
- At least one year of experience working with youth preferred.
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To apply for this position email Albert Ramirez at email@example.com.
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.