YOUTH SPORTS PRACTICE/GAME SITE SUPERVISOR & SCOREKEEPER
The site supervisor/scorekeeper assures the smooth operation of YMCA Youth Sports during practices and games. Specifically, as the liaison between the Y and the school, the coaches, the children, and the parents, s/he must punctually attend all informational meetings, assure the timely flow of accurate information, keep good records, keep apprised of complaints and failures to meet the Y mission and guidelines, report frequently and candidly to his/her supervisor, distribute and collect equipment, help to keep practices and games within time limits, file accident/incident reports, oversee the cleanliness and security of the site and equipment, and substitute coach and referee if needed.
- Interact and work effectively with members and volunteers to meet the YMCA objectives.
- Set up of practices and pre-game of benches, chairs and score table with scoreboard and scorebook and equipment where needed.
- Assist in floor prep of either consisting of dust mop, wet mop or machine clean.
- Game time scorekeeping, either running clock and score on scoreboard or keeping official book/paperwork.
- Responsible for taking all practice/game equipment to practice/game sites and ensure equipment is in good and working condition.
- Assist in tear down and clean-up of post-game of benches, chairs, score table and scoreboard, other equipment and cleaning up gym (towels and trash on floors and bleacher).
- Is available during practices and offers to help with drills and coaching.
- Meets and develops a good working relationship with school’s representative.
- Serves as a positive liaison between the school, the coaches, the officials, the children, the parents, and the Y, communicating openly and regularly with them.
- Document volunteer training needs and failures to uphold the Y mission and guidelines, and report these to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Attends all training’s and meetings as requested.
- Minimum age of 16 years old
- Level of education: High School and above
- Technical Computer Skills such as operating scoreboard (will train)
- Speak fluent English
- Work in outdoor or air conditioned area
- Work in potentially high stress environment
- Work well with others
To apply for this position email Albert Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.