YOUTH SPORTS OFFICIAL (BASKETBALL OR VOLLEYBALL)
The Youth Sports Official reports directly to the Sports Director, and is responsible for representing the YMCA and Sports Director as the Interpreter/enforcer of the rules of the sport being officiated. The Official will also assist the coaches during the games by helping to instruct the players, coaches and fans with the rules and philosophy. The Official will take active part in promoting the YMCA Sports Philosophy both in word and deed.
Specifically, serve as the liaison between the Y and the school, the coaches, the children, and the parents, s/he must punctually attend all informational meetings, assure the timely flow of accurate information, keep good records, keep apprised of complaints and failures to meet the Y mission and guidelines, report frequently and candidly to his/her supervisor. Keep games within time limits, file accident/incident reports, assist with the cleanliness and security of the site and equipment.
- Interact and work effectively with members and volunteers to meet the YMCA objectives, serving as a positive liaison between the coaches, the children, the parents, and the Y, communicating openly and regularly with them.
- Live the YMCA Sports Philosophy.
- Work to achieve program goals.
- Work cooperatively with other staff, including volunteers.
- Be available to hear feedback and reports all complaints, suggestions, and problems to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Be alert to training needs and failures to uphold the Y mission and Guidelines, and report these to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Ensures facility/field is safe.
- Assist in set up of facility/field for games.
- Assists players, coaches and fans with rules and philosophy.
- Fill out accident reports and turns them into supervisor within 24 hours.
- Officiate games per YMCA rules (which includes being able to keep up with the sport being played).
- Attends all training’s and meetings as requested.
- Minimum age of 16 years old
- Level of education: High School and above
- Have a thorough knowledge of the rules of the sport being officiated and be willing to learn YMCA modifications to the rules
- Preferred experience playing high school or college sports
- Be fit enough to keep up with the sport activity
- Must be able to teach the rules and philosophy to the participants
- Technical Computer Skills such as operating scoreboard (will train)
- Speak fluent English
- Work in outdoor or air conditioned area
- Work in potentially high stress environment
- Work well with others
To apply for this position email Albert Ramirez at email@example.com
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.