WELLNESS COACH & PERSONAL TRAINER
Wellness Coaches are fitness professionals that oversee the fitness center and members to ensure safe use of the equipment and engage with the YMCA’s members and guests.
- Ensure that equipment functions properly. Maintenance/repair needs are communicated to their supervisor and/or maintenance staff.
- Enforce all safety rules and policies.
- Approach members/guests doing exercises wrongly/dangerously and educate them as to why it was wrong/dangerous and how to correct the movement.
- Interacts spontaneously with members, guest, and other staff at any given time in the facility to model a personal and inviting atmosphere for the facility. Develop close relationships with as many members as possible.
- Be attentive to members’ needs
- Complete all assigned cleaning during every shift, and make sure that all equipment is in its correct spot in an organized manner
- Staff are expected to act in a well-mannered, inclusive, and professional way that always upholds the YMCA’s mission and standards.
- Wellness Coaches will put members through orientations of the fitness floor that are focused on educating members/guests on how to safely plan/execute basic workouts to accomplish their specific goals.
- Must understand how to utilize all the fitness equipment in the facility and be able to instruct others how to safely and effectively use it.
- Current CPR/AED certification through either the American Heart Association or The Red Cross
- Current personal training certification that is both nationally accredited and recognized or the YMCA’s Strength and Conditioning Certification.
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.