Summer Day Camp Site Coordinator
Under the direction of the Program Director and in accordance with the purpose, policies, and principles of the YMCA of Central New Mexico, the Site Coordinator is responsible for the direct supervision of activities for children ages 5 to 12 years old. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting regulations as set by the Child Care Licensing & Certification Bureau of the State of New Mexico, staffing, curriculum development & implementation, and will oversee the day to day activities in the Afterschool/Summer Day Camp program. The incumbent will also serve as liaison between the YMCA and participants’ parents in order to develop a positive relationship for both. The incumbent will be qualified to hold a site license and meet all state requirements for such license.
- Assist the Program Director in the development & implementation of the daily program and curriculum.
- Responsible for the day to day activities in the Summer Day Camp/Afterschool program including daily curriculum and staffing.
- Insure proper participation/staff ratios as per state minimum standards.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of a creative learning environment, establishing centers of interest, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Interact with children, treating them with respect and dignity at all times.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Follow the chain of command as established by the Program Director, and assist accordingly.
- Help with general housekeeping duties.
- Maintain proper staff to child ratios at all the times and never leave children unattended.
- Maintain a professional attitude in working with participants, parents, volunteers and co-workers.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law (if the state sets requirements. The YMCA should establish minimum qualification standards if the state has no requirements).
- Knowledge in the area of school age curriculum development, lesson planning, and age appropriate activities.
- Be able to develop and implement curriculums to include Character Development.
- At least 18 years of age (The minimum may be higher depending on state law).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- 3 years’ experience working with children in a developmental setting.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Must have 45 hour certificate or a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Child Development or related field.
- Attend Higher Education Classes to keep knowledge current.
To apply for this position email Gloria Sisneros at email@example.com
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.