SUMMER DAY CAMP COUNSELOR
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in a Day Camp setting. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensures YMCA program standards and ratios are met and safety procedures are followed, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Greets and maintain a positive relationship with parents, children and staff on a daily basis.
- Responsible for general housekeeping duties. Checklist for cleaning is located at each location.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of a creative learning environment. Establishing centers of interest, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- To be inclusive to all children’s ability to participate in group activities.
- Adheres to YMCA’s policies and procedures involving dress code, punctuality and use of electronics.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience preferred working with children preferably in a School Age setting
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc…
- At least 18 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.