Association Sports Director
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
This position of Sports Program Director requires strong leadership, organizational skills and communication skills; an understanding of programs, services and relationships needed to meet the needs of a diverse community; and a commitment to use a broad array of traditional and modern communication channels to effectively present the values, priorities and work of the YMCA Sports programs.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico impacts lives every day. We are a leading non-profit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Sports Director will lead the development and implementation of high-quality sports programs. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality youth programs, combined with the ability to manage the administrative components of a youth and adult sports program. Strong organizational, communication and time management skills are necessary to ensure that the participants and families have an exceptional experience at the Y. Responsibilities include supervision and training of the program staff along with new and innovative ideas to grow and expand existing programs. The director will need to be available to work on weekends, as this is when many of the games take place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience (or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Program).
- One to two years of previous sports or related experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Experience in sports officiating and sports management preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications will be required.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, attention to detail, and a high degree of initiative will help this candidate be successful.
- The ability to direct programs through leading both staff and volunteers, developing and monitoring budgets, developing and marketing programs and bringing enthusiasm and a passion for fundraising.
- This leader will also need the ability to connect and relate with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization.
- A proven track record in building authentic relationships with others and the ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations and public school system.
- Bilingual English/Spanish would be a plus.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Grow sports in accordance with operating plans.
- Recruit, train, develop, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, and training and meetings for coaches.
- Develops and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes team photographs.
- Assists in the branch marketing efforts by developing flyers, distribution of program information, providing accurate and well thoughtout program description and managing the YGameTime website.
- Organize and schedule program registrations. Review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and monitors department and program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Organizes and hosts season parties and events, promoting healthy eating and good nutrition.
- Organizes and conducts sports clinics and camps.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising and special events.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations and making the YMCA Sports programs the Most Welcoming Place on Earth.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The YMCA of Central New Mexico offers a competitive salary and benefits package for selected candidates.
The yearly salary range for this position is $40,000 – $45,000 and will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s experience.
The YMCA provides competitive health, dental, and vision benefits. Free family membership, discounts on Y programs including summer camps, youth sports, childcare and more! Eligible to enroll in a 403 (b) tax-deferred account at beginning of employment. 9% retirement paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements. Paid sick leave. Paid time off (PTO) based on hours worked and years of service. Training and leadership development opportunities.
To apply for this position email Albert Ramirez at email@example.com
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.