Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes participant safety.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations. Completes related reports as required
- Able to multitask
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Maintains positive relationships with members, participants and other staff
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate pool records.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available
- Ability to maintains certifications as required by the YMCA and the state Health Department
- Good communication skills
- Performs Chemical testing and work closely with the head guards and Director
- Ability to provide competent, safe swimming instruction
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement
- Minimum age requirement of 16
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Oxygen Administration
- Current YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.