Health and Wellness Director- McLeod Branch Fitness and Association Group Exercise
Salary Range: $42,000 to $45,000
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Health and Wellness Director- McLeod Branch Fitness and Association Group Exercise leads and provides supervision of the Group Exercise team for the association and provides leadership to the McLeod’s branch Health and Wellness programs. This position primarily focuses on the member experience and as such, requires a person with exceptional skill in human relations. Emphasis will be placed on the development and or expansion of current/ future programs. The Health and Wellness Director McLeod fitness and association Group Exercise will also work with the Associations Membership Director to ensure our YMCA is recognized as the most welcoming place on earth, resulting in an exceptional member experience and high member retention. Recruits, trains, and supports staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring, payroll functionality, and training of staff and volunteers, budget management, and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. Provides liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s) and takes a leadership role in mission advancement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high quality experience to the members, participants and guest in the wellness center, group exercise classes and other wellness events.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing retention program in conjunction with the membership department.
- Works with Association Membership Director and Branch Fitness Director to optimize the member experience.
- Identifies new and innovative programs in health and wellness with an emphasis on member retention.
- Participates in Manager on Duty rotations as assigned.
- Administration of YMCA Blood Pressure Self Monitoring grant.
- Develop, manage, and implements the approved budget for Wellness department and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve making the YMCA the “Most Welcoming Place on Earth”.
- Leads Wellness staff and volunteers effectively; recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity; onboards and develops them for success.
- Maintains equipment on fitness floor and group exercise space ensuring safety and proper upkeep.
- Ensure cleanliness of fitness center and studios through cleaning checklists and equipment maintenance plan.
- Facilitates fitness challenges.
- Monitor all wellness staff certifications and expiration dates.
- Maintain group exercise schedule and ensures class instructor coverage.
- Monitor and report group exercise use monthly including class attendance, membership penetration, and cost per head.
- Instructs group exercise classes when needed.
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize program participation.
- Focused approach to small group training and personal training.
- Orients new wellness staff and provides guidance and clarification of work duties and assignments.
- Supervise wellness coaches.
- Maintain Wellness Coach floor hour schedules.
- Models effective listening skills when interacting with staff, members, and volunteers. Ensures that staff have opportunities to develop their own listening skills.
- Assists with annual campaign activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of two years of experience in health-related field preferred
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, national Certification (NASM, ACSM, ACE, AFAA)
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
To apply for this position email Marc Lewis at email@example.com.
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.