Job Posting: Director of Finance
This is your chance to make a difference. Great opportunity to join a mission-driven transformational team in the beautiful Southwest!
Albuquerque, NM 87110
The YMCA of Central New Mexico is a multi-branch/multi-site nonprofit organization with annual revenues of $4.5M serving the Albuquerque and Santa Fe region. We are currently searching for a Director of Finance that oversees and manages all financial matters of the organization and assists with human resources functions. This position provides direction and leadership for YMCA business operations, assist with the development and implementation of systems and helps in the implementation of policies related to areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or equivalent.
- Three to five years of experience in accounting and financial management is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of general business matters is required, including budgeting, AP/AR, and fiscal management.
- Experience with investment management and asset allocation preferred.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting software and experience with Payroll software packages a plus. Personal computer skills required.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organizations is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with others required.
- Must be able to multi-task and problem solve with minimum supervision.
- Provides leadership to all functions of the accounting/finance department.
- Monitors monthly financial operations, prepares financial statements and reports, and provides financial guidance program staff.
- Works closely with CEO and Executive Staff team to develop procedures as needed.
- Works with all staff identifying monthly financial variances and reports to Finance Committee as needed.
- Responsible for AP’s entries and maintenance.
- Prepares monthly journal entries.
- Within compliance and in a timely manner produces and maintains all necessary records and accounting reports for all transactions.
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Maintains fixed asset records including depreciation schedules.
- Oversees the development of an annual operating budget.
- Works with auditors in preparation of annual tax returns and annual audit. Maintains communication with auditing partners to keep them informed of YMCA matters and ensures the organization is meeting legal requirements and following current accounting standards.
- Manages, maintains and monitors banking relationships.
- Responsible for submitting by-monthly payroll.
- Manages and maintains retirement fund with the Y-Retirement Fund
- Works with staff regarding payroll issues and reporting.
$55,000.00 – $66,000.00
How to Apply:
Apply by Email to:
(Resumes Accepted Until June 5, 2020)