Association Membership Director
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Membership Director leads the Membership team to become and remain the most welcoming place on earth. In addition, the Membership Director leads the team in efforts to exceed revenue, meet expense targets and provide an exceptional member experience. The Membership Director will lead the development, and evaluation of various Membership programs to ensure sales growth and an exceptional member experience. Recruits, trains, and supports staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring, payroll functionality, and training of staff and volunteers, budget management, and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. Provides liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s) and takes a leadership role in mission advancement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for the continued improvement of all Member Services to include member and constituent relations, information, and program registration.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing retention program in conjunction with the other department.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a membership sales incentive program to include Member Services staff.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a corporate membership program and promote to local businesses.
- Be the liaison for the association and maintain the YMCA’s Well-being Collaborative to ensure our YMCA is the “Most Welcoming Place on Earth”.
- Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve making the YMCA the “Most Welcoming Place on Earth”.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Develops, implements, and leads all sales and sales training.
- Provide leadership for an effective tour and enrollment procedure via Member Services staff.
- Leads membership staff and volunteers effectively; recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity; onboards and develops them for success.
- Models effective listening skills when interacting with staff, members, and volunteers. Ensures that staff have opportunities to develop their own listening skills.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Model relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations & local businesses and other YMCA associations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within areas of responsibility.
- Assist in development, ordering and productions of all membership and program materials.
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Monitor temporary signage in the building for current information, accuracy, and professional appearance.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe front desk workspace. Take initiative to clean/repair areas.
- Responsible for sales budget and ensuring sales growth strategies are implemented.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Assists with annual campaign activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of two years of experience Member Services and Sales preferred
- Strong sales and customer service background
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations, corporate partners, and other YMCA associations
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required; English/Spanish bilingual preferred
- Obtain required trainings, and maintain training certifications as per association’s policies
To apply for this position email Albert Ramirez at email@example.com
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.