Our volunteers are essential for helping the YMCA of Central New Mexico deliver positive, personal and social change. Last year alone, 2,400 volunteers provided valuable assistance with policies, programs, and activities, donating 48,000 hours of service!
With a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
When you volunteer at the Y, you provide leadership and talent vital to empowering people and communities to learn, grow and thrive.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and Advisory Committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Contact us for more information about how you can volunteer! Also, if you have a group needing volunteer hours, we have numerous opportunities for groups on special projects.