Home Remodel Project
The YMCA of Central New Mexico reaches across the river to help Erik Schei, a Rio Rancho New Mexico Disabled Iraq War Veteran and his care givers.
The YMCA is eagerly looking for volunteer labor, material and cash donations in order to complete this worthwhile project. They YMCA is a 501c3 organization.
* Erik Schei is a second tour Iraq war veteran-who is currently disabled due to his war injuries (see Erik’s story in Stars and Stripes) http://www.stripes.com/news/us/forever-after-a-warrior-wounded-a-family-challenged-1.196875
* Erik is confined to his mobile wheel chair and requires 24/7 care
* Erik’s residence requires the following areas to be remodeled in order improve his mobility and aid his care givers in his daily care:
o Modify existing overhead track system in order to allow him access to his bath and shower
o Erik’s Bathroom and closet area
o Erik’s bedroom
o Family Kitchen
* The approximate value of the work above can possibly exceed $70,000.00, so the YMCA of Central New Mexico needs your help. We are looking for volunteer labor, cash and material donations in order to complete this important project for Erik
* The project is currently under design and we anticipate construction to start around May 1, 2017 (depending on the permitting process)
Please send all cash donations in care of the Erik Shei Remodel to the YMCA of Central New Mexico 4901 Indian School Rd NE., Albuquerque, NM 87110
Please call Doug Bolling at 505-553-8326 to coordinate material donations or if you need additional information
Thank you in advance for your help,
Vice-Chairman of the Board
YMCA of Central New Mexico
**Photo courtesy of Megan McCloskey/STARS AND STRIPES Click here to see the full article.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico is a 501©3 organization, Federal ID #85-0105592