Early Childhood Teacher: Santa Fe
Leadership Level: Leader
Primary Function/Department: Child Development
Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Lowrance Family YMCA
6537 Airport Rd.
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Maintains communication with parents, and engages parents as volunteers.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Mission Achievement
- Operational Effectiveness
- Personal Growth
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law (if the state sets requirements. The YMCA should establish minimum qualification standards if the state has no requirements).
- At least 18 years of age (The minimum may be higher depending on state law).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Must have 45 hour certificate.
- Attend Higher Education Classes to keep knowledge current.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to plan, lead, and participate in classes and activities.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable business duties if requested. Position descriptions are reviewed periodically and may be revised if deemed necessary. This job description is not a written or implied contract.
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.