Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Provides direction for the program and staff, and implements program curriculum in the classroom. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist Program Director with development and implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Assist Program Director to insure proper participant/staff ratios as per state.
- Assist Program Director in planning and preparation of a creative learning environment, establishing centers of interest, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Conducts parent conferences, maintains communication with parents, and engages parents as volunteers.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law (if the state sets requirements. The YMCA should establish minimum qualification standards if the state has no requirements).
- At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Able to hold State License for the classroom (Infant, Toddler and Preschool).
Please email your resume to Samantha Sandoval at .
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.