Building Custodian is responsible for janitorial and building appearance aspects of the branch. This is a part-time position with evening and weekend hours.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Dust, mop, brush or wipe clean all hard surface floors, tables, counters, mats, stairways, door knobs and handrails throughout the building per scheduled or request.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas and doormats throughout the building per schedule or request.
- Dust and clean air return vents and fans
- Clean mirrors, windows and glass surfaces throughout the facility per schedule or request.
- Clean and disinfect all showers, sinks, counters, shower heads, handles, faucets, toilets, urinals and stall doors in all bathrooms/locker rooms throughout the building per schedule or request.
- Restock all paper product, soap, shampoo and hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the building per schedule or request.
- Empty and replace liners in all trash cans throughout the building per schedule or request.
- Inform management staff or maintenance needs around the facility.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to work with, cleaning equipment, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray and aerosol forms.
- Ability to work in condition that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility of equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities; semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying; working in narrow and/or confining spaces; underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
To apply for this position email Jason Casias at email@example.com.
Click here to submit your interest in this position; you will be contacted by Human Resources or the hiring manager for additional information.