YMCA COVID Safe Guidelines
As the COVID-19 crisis has unfolded throughout our community, we have said the safety of our members, children, staff and guests of our facilities is our top priority. As we continue to reopen and expand our offerings we have been careful to follow guidelines set by the state of New Mexico, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Some of our health and safety protocols have even gone beyond those requirements in an abundance of caution. we’ve taken measures to protect members including spacing equipment 6-feet apart, cleaning and disinfecting regularly throughout the day, requiring all staff to wear masks and requiring reservations for group exercise and youth conditioning classes. Please review this page to prepare for your visit to one of our facilities.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
- If you are planning on attending one of our group exercise or youth conditioning classes a reservation is required due to limited capacity of the classes. Reserve your workout time (Reserve Here). Reservations expire 15 minutes after your expected arrival time and you slot can be given to someone else. (As of February 15, 2021 reservations for the wellness centers are no longer be required)
- Please arrive at the Y in your workout attire.
- Bring a towel, mat (if needed), and water bottle.
- Bring your mask & gloves – The state mandate requires individuals to wear face-coverings while exercising at indoor gyms and fitness centers.
CHECK IN PROCESS
- Members should maintain minimum of 6 feet distance.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility. Temperatures must be below 100.4 to enter the facility.
- Members will be asked to take a health questionnaire.
- Staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks).
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance.
- Members will scan in without assistance.
- Members will receive their own disinfectant spray bottle and must return it to front desk upon exiting the facility.
- The state mandate requires a non-porous face covering/mask must be worn at all times. Face shields worn without a non-porous face covering/mask are no longer permitted. Facemasks must cover your mouth and nose at all times..
- The Horn YMCA locker rooms & showers will be closed.
- The McLeod Locker room restroom will remain open, but the lockers and showers will be closed.
- Gymnasium will be closed (Horn location)
- Coffee will not be available.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members during.
- Check your branch for changes in operating hours.
- Wellness facility usage is limited to 9 year old’s and up. Minors (9 -17) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Kid Zone is closed.
- Time will be limited to 30 minutes on all cardio equipment while others are waiting.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be used.
- Members should disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members should wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
BASKETBALL COURT (SHOOT-AROUND BASKETBALL)
Shoot-around basketball for individuals and families is now available at the Horn Family YMCA. Players must be on the same membership to share a basket and must provide their own basketball. Reservations will be required and can be made online at our reservation page. We are following guidelines from health officials to ensure the safety of our members. Please keep in mind, these guidelines are subject to change based on new information or additional guidance from health officials.
- Members will be assigned to their designated goal upon check in. Members may only play on their assigned goal.
- Only people who are on the same membership are permitted to play on the same goal. Members cannot share a goal with another member or guest from outside of their household.
- Members must provide their own basketballs. The Y will not provide basketballs.
- Masks must be worn while participating in basketball shoot around.
- Please be sure to follow current mandates set by the State of New Mexico Public Health Orders
- Reservations are required to use the basketball court and can be made up to one day in advance. You can reserve the court up to 1 hour at a time. Make a reservation here.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home.