YMCA MEMBERSHIP/PROGRAM POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Method of Payment (Checking/Savings Account or Credit Card Draft):
Monthly membership fees are deducted through your bank account via an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or credit card. Credit cards and checks are accepted for annual memberships and program fees. We accept American Express, Discover Card, Master Card and Visa. Please note there is a $30 fee for all returned payments.
This is the easiest and most convenient way to pay for your membership. Your fees are automatically withdrawn from your checking, savings, or credit card account once a month. If utilizing a draft from a checking or savings account, a voided check (for checking) and/or a deposit slip (for Savings) will be required to set up your monthly draft.
Dues may be paid in full for 12 months. Payment is accepted via check (EFT) or credit card. Contact a Y facility for more details.
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION POLICY
The YMCA does not require contracts. Monthly members may cancel their membership by properly submitting a cancellation request no later than 30 days prior to their next draft date via our web form which can found on the YMCA website. Otherwise, in accordance with the membership draft agreement, the YMCA remains authorized to charge the bank account provided by the member for automatic payment of their nonrefundable monthly membership dues.
Prepaid (Annual) memberships (i.e., memberships that are paid for in full in advance for a full 12-month) are nonrefundable.
MEMBERSHIP AND PROGRAM REFUND/CREDIT POLICY
Membership refunds are only permitted when there are extenuating circumstances that limited you from notifying the YMCA of your cancellation. These would need to be accompanied by proper documentation (i.e. doctor’s note).
If you were incorrectly charged due to the YMCA’s failure to cancel or put the membership on hold, a full refund/credit will be given as long as the refund/credit is accompanied by proper documentation (i.e. hold form, cancel form, email, etc). Under any circumstances, the YMCA will not refund/credit more than six months of membership at any given time.
Members receiving Scholarship Assistance are required to provide documentation on a yearly basis. Failure to update your financial aid information by the end of each yearly cycle will result on membership and/or program rate defaulting to the full-regular rate. In the event the rate moves up to the regular rate, no refund will be issued for the difference in rates.
Program Refunds/Credits and Cancellation Policy
We understand that children like to try new classes and/or activities to find the one that they love. You can cancel from programs at any time prior to the start of the program. You will receive a full refund as an account credit to be used on another program of your choice or a refund of payment back to the original payment method (refunds are subject to a $20 service fee).
After the class/program has begun,
- For full pay programs: Program refunds/credits for full pay programs are not permitted unless there are extenuating circumstances and are accompanied with proper documentation (i.e. medical). Refunds/credits requested after the completion of a program session will not be honored.
- For Automatic Payment Programs: Our drafting programs are flexible to meet your changing needs and schedule. You may cancel your program enrollment at any time by submitting written notification at least 2 weeks prior to your next scheduled payment date. For refunds/credits due to medical reasons, proper documentation will be required.
- If the YMCA cancels a class/program, whenever possible we will offer members the opportunity to make up that class/program: If a makeup cannot be accommodated, a member may request a credit for that class/program in writing, by submitting a program refund/credit web form.
- All credits will expire after one year from date issued to a member’s account.
MEMBERSHIP HOLDS POLICY
Members are allowed to place their YMCA membership on hold for up to three months at a time, during which their regular monthly membership dues are paused. Members may request a hold up to two times per calendar year.
Written notice is required to start a membership hold. Members must submit their hold request in writing via web form prior to their next draft date. Their hold request will be completed with 7-10 business days. If a member is charged their membership dues after they have submitted their request, their payment will be refunded when the request is processed.
Membership holds start and end on a member’s draft date. When a membership hold ends, the member resumes paying membership dues. They will not be asked to pay a join fee or re-apply for financial assistance.
Members may request to end their hold early at any time. Members are required to submit their request to end their hold early in writing via web form. When this request is submitted, the member may be charged prorated membership dues. Prorated dues are calculated based on the difference between the date the member requests that their hold end and their next regular draft date.
Members on hold do not qualify for member discounts but can register for programs at the non-member rate.
On hold memberships will automatically resume on the resumption date listed on the hold request, absent a properly and timely submitted cancellation request.
For annual invoice members, the membership will be extended the same amount as the hold length of time.
One or two adults in a domestic partnership who live in the same household and their dependent children 24 years of age and younger.
A person must be at least 16 years old to join as an individual. However, anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult to sign up for membership.
YMCA Facility Usage
Unless posted otherwise, children 16 years of age and older may use YMCA facilities without adult supervision.
Children ages 9 – 15 must be accompanied by an adult and must have an adult by their side when using fitness equipment.
PHOTOS AND PHOTO RELEASE POLICY:
All members, over the age of 16, are required to have a photo taken for their membership account. Each individual, on a unit, will have their photo taken at the time of joining our YMCA. If they are not present at the time of joining, they will need to stop by the front desk and have their photo taken on their first visit.
Photo Release Policy
The YMCA of Central New Mexico reserves the right to use photographs/videos taken within YMCA facilities and at YMCA events and activities for marketing and promotional purposes.
ADULT LOCKER ROOMS
In order to use adult locker room, you must be a minimum of 16 years of age. Members age 15 and younger, with or without a parent, must use family locker rooms.
FAMILY CHANGING ROOM
Families with children 15 or younger may use this changing area. Please use the change stalls and showers when dressing or undressing.
CODE OF CONDUCT
At the YMCA, we expect staff, members, and guests to always behave in accordance with our mission and our values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
We demonstrate these values by:
- Respectfully follow all program and facility rules
- Dressing appropriately, speaking in respectful tones and refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest and caring manner. Never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstaining from contact of a sexual nature.
- Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Creating a safe, caring environment; never carrying illegal firearms or devices.
- Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises.
Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential. Noncompliance may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership/program privileges.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico reserves the right to remove or restrict usage of YMCA facilities or programs from any member who creates an unsafe or disruptive environment. Furthermore, the YMCA may require parent supervision for any minor who cannot conduct him or herself in a respectful manner while on YMCA premises.