The YMCA of Central New Mexico reserves the right to remove or restrict usage of YMCA facilities or programs from any member who creates an unsafe or disruptive environment. Furthermore, the YMCA may require parent supervision for any minor who cannot conduct him or herself in a respectful manner while on YMCA premises.
A person must be at least 16 years old to join as an individual.
Unless posted otherwise, children 14 years of age and older may use YMCA facilities without adult supervision.
YMCA Swimming Pools
Children 14 years of age and older may use YMCA swimming pools without adult supervision.
Children ages 10 to 12 (who pass the swim test) may use swimming pools if supervising adult (parent or guardian) is physically on the YMCA premises. A parent or guardian must be present at the pool and directly supervising their children under age 10.
Supervising Guardian: The YMCA will permit children ages 18 and older to be considered the “supervising” guardian for their sibling(s) under the age of 14 when using YMCA facilities.
Adult Locker Rooms
Must be a minimum of 16 years. Members age 15 and younger, with or without a parent, must use family locker rooms.
Family Changing Rooms
Families with children 15 or younger may use this changing area. Please use the change stalls and showers when dressing or undressing.
YMCA Code of Conduct
At the YMCA, we expect staff, members and guests to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times, respecting the rights and dignity of others.
We demonstrate caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility by:
- Dressing appropriately, speaking in respectful tones and refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest and caring manner. Never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstaining from contact of a sexual nature.
- Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Creating a safe, caring environment; never carrying illegal firearms or devices.
- Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises.
Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential. Noncompliance may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges.